I feel like I've lost track of the days since the fourth of July. As you can imagine, the days are very full when you're pregnant and have three little boys! Luckily I've been doing better with the morning sickness. It's almost disappeared altogether, though I often vomit once or twice in the evenings, usually after dinner. Apparently the baby doesn't like dinner, which makes for a hungry, sick mommy in the evenings. I'll tell you what the baby does like-chocolate chip cookies. I can handle that. :0) It also seems this baby is a vegetarian! I can hardly stand meat. The other day Alex told me, "I need meat, woman!" Lol.
I'm beginning to feel the baby move. He/she gave me a good nudge this morning. I'd forgotten just how amazing it is to feel my baby moving. It's amazing and magical and wonderful.
So...we're moving soon. Most everyone knows that by now. I feel SO overwhelmed with the thought of going through all the junk we've accumulated over the last four years. It's so hard to get rid of stuff. It's easy to tell Alex and the boys that they don't need something, but it's harder when it's your own stuff. And the boys are so much like their dad; they can't seem to part with anything! I mean, who knows when you might need a mangled scrap of paper with the letters 'ei' on it, Mom? Come on!
And am I the only one who realizes that we normally move when I'm pregnant?! We moved to North Bank Commons when I was pregnant with Joshua. We moved to Smyth Fernwald when I was pregnant with Christopher. We moved to Santa Barbara when I was pregnant with Nathan (though I didn't know it yet!). And now another move. Alex says it must be meant to be!
Christopher has been drawing alot this summer. I'll often find him sitting quietly, his head down in concentration, working on a project of some sort. I love to see this. He's so creative. Here are some drawings he made after seeing the new Ice Age movie:
Christopher literally spent hours working on this Star Wars coloring book. He made sure each clone trooper was colored to match his own toys. He's showing me the red trooper in this picture.
Believe or not I'm tired after this short update! I say we forget about the pile of dirty dishes and head to the beach. May as well enjoy it while we can!
Even though I'm sad to be leaving the beaches and wonderful weather or Santa Barbara, I'm excited to be with family again for awhile. I often worry that we will end up too far away from family and that the boys will lose that connection. And I'm thrilled that family will be there when I have the new baby!
Even though I'm sad to be leaving the beaches and wonderful weather or Santa Barbara, I'm excited to be with family again for awhile. I often worry that we will end up too far away from family and that the boys will lose that connection. And I'm thrilled that family will be there when I have the new baby!
I am in awe of Christopher's art ability. He's very much like Alex was at that age. I love to see it. I'll make sure there is a giant stack of paper here.
ReplyDeleteI want you to be home, Jenny. Very much. And I want you to be healthy and happy.
There's a lot to do here, but would it help if I came down for a few days to help with the packing?
Thank you so much for adding an entry. I live for pictures and news. No joke! XOXO, Me
And . . . how cool that you've felt the baby!!!
ReplyDelete