Today was the first day of soccer for the boys. It was Nathan's very first day of soccer ever. He's been excited about it for months but freaked out when we got there today. He stood in the middle of the field alone with his head down, crying for awhile. I never know what the right thing to do is in these situations. Should I let him tough it out? Or should I go and hold his hand? I tried to let the coaches coax him into playing but that didn't work, so I ended up running around the field with him while holding Maayu in one arm. By the end of class he was dribbling the ball around and smiling, so it was a success. And he sure looked cute in his soccer gear. (I'm kicking myself for not having taken a picture of him. Next week.)
Christopher did a great job. He got right in there and did his best. When they played their scrimmage game he would chase the ball, give it one good kick, then fall back and watch everyone else. It was funny.
Joshua did an
awesome job. Just
awesome. This year there were only 5 people in his class, including him, which meant less of a challenge for him, but also a better chance to showcase his abilities. They did one on one drills and Joshua usually ended up with control of the ball, dribbling and faking and making me proud! One of the other mothers asked if he used to be on a team.


I love watching the boys play soccer. I can't wait until they get older and more competitive. I'm so proud of them!
So is Maayu.
No comments:
Post a Comment