I had a tough day. Hormones. I have a love/hate relationship with them.
My family did they best they could to deal with me. In fact, they showed me they love in SO many ways.
Alex had all the kids come and tackle me in bed while I was having a small pity party for myself. The boys cuddled around me while Maayu tried to sit on my head. Loved it.
Maayu decided to poop twice today, which didn't help my mood. And she never lies still while I clean her off, which makes my mood even worse. But after I was done with the second change, she stood up, hugged me tightly around the neck and said, "Thank you, Mommy. Good Mommy." My heart melted, of course.
Then tonight, when I left my room to get a snack, I came back to find an envelope on my laptop. It read:
To:Mom
from your oldest and dirtiest Josh
On the inside was a small piece of paper with "I love you" written on both sides. This meant a lot to me since he and I had a disagreement this morning. I told him he was being rude and unappreciative. (Hormones talking. Stupid hormones.) I'm so grateful that he forgave me and went out of his way to do something special. What a sweet little boy.
I'm a real witch sometimes. But my family still loves me. And for that I'm grateful.
No comments:
Post a Comment