September:
Sweet little Miss Noah Brownlie Purganan was born on September 27 at about 3:30pm. My mom and I were on our way to have dinner with her parents when she decided to come, so we got to see her when she when she was only a few minutes old. LOVE this little girl.
We acquired two puppies. TWO.
First we got Cody, a 10 week old Black Lab. Grammie brought him the night Noah was born. He is such a sweet dog, so it broke our hearts to find out he had Parvo (which is basically The Plague for dogs) a few days after getting him. He was SO sick. He got so bad that, unbeknownst to me, Alex started wondering where he would bury him. But that dog has some wolf in him, and after force feeding him with a turkey baster (all Alex), a few saline injections and a round of antibiotics, he bounced back. He now weighs 43 lbs. All the folks at Banfield Pet Hospital love him and call him by name: Cody Walker.
A few days later we got Dixie, a Bluetick Coon Hound. She was 8 weeks old. When Alex brought her home she was traumatized. She had been car sick and missed her brothers and sisters. The first two nights I slept with her cuddled up beside me on the couch. But that didn't last long. One morning I took her out to go potty and noticed she had loose bloody stool, the first sign of Parvo. So we decided to just let her stay outside with Cody. But it turns out she didn't have it, and never did get it. We considered it a blessing after having watched Cody suffer and nearly die. Now Dixie is 34 lbs and her nickname is "Spaz". I'm pretty sure she has ADD. She loves to play and howl.
So now I have 4 kids and 2 dogs. Aaaaaaaahhhh!!!!
October:
The boys played basketball again this season. It was hectic and fun. Practice was 3 nights a week, with all games played on Saturdays. This meant that I would sit my bum on a hard bleacher for 3-5 hours every Saturday, depending on how the games were scheduled. Nathan was just jazzed to be playing. I'll never forget him smiling up at me in the bleachers while jumping up and down with his arms up to catch a rebound, and not paying any attention to what was really doing on. So cute. But he did make a basket.
Christopher hate basketball this time around. He didn't really like his coach and hated going to practice. During games he would run up and down the court, but never made any real effort to get the ball. I'm proud of him for even trying. And I love that he's just a bit ornery. I don't know where he gets it from. ;)
Joshua did an awesome job, as always. I loved watching his team play. He made quite a few baskets and helped his team come in 4th place.
Halloween happened. It was rainy and miserable outside, but we went trick-or-treating anyway.
Christopher was a ninja. Who loves to read.
Nathan was a pirate.
Maayu was a princess. Or course.
Joshua couldn't find a costume he liked that cost less than $80, so he decided to wear his basketball outfit. He was pretty impressed with himself for coming up with the idea, and I was impressed by the fact that I didn't have to spend money on a costume.
November:
Christopher turned 9 years old! On his birthday I brought snickerdoodles to his class. He also had an apple pie for dessert and opened his presents. He got a cool new scooter and helmet from Grammie, two Blue Beetle action figures from Mom, Dad and the kids, a sweet picture from Cousin Yasmeen, and a Lego set from Nana. He also had a birthday party at Round Table Pizza with friends on the 10th. Fun was had by all.
Okay, I think I'm all caught up for a few months. :)
I'll take this moment to appreciate that you got all 4 kids and both dogs in the same picture. Kudos!!
ReplyDelete