Thursday, January 21, 2010

Maayu is 1 month old!

Maayu turned 1 month old on the 19th. She had her well baby check up and she's doing great! She's put on some weight and is now 8 lbs 6oz. I didn't get her length, I was too busy rushing to get her dressed so she would stop screaming! She's in the 50th percentile for both weight and height.

She's more alert during the day now; looking around and taking it all in. And she's got a lot to keep her occupied, with three brothers running around her. But she would much rather have mom hold her. In fact, she wouldn't mind if mom held her ALL day and ALL night. (And, seriously folks, who wouldn't want to hold this cute little girl all the time!) Sometimes if I think she's fallen asleep, I'll lie her down and she will open one eye suspiciously as if to say, "Now, I know you're not thinking of putting me down!" This is not to say that she isn't a wonderful baby, she hardly ever cries-just when she's hungry, poopy or needs some attention.

She has started sleeping longer during the night. We can go up to 3 hours between feedings! So I'm actually getting a solid 2 hours of sleep at times. She normally eats about 9pm then goes to sleep and I get a little time to myself before I go to sleep an hour later. Then feeding time every 2-3 hours. She has some acid reflux so I have to hold her upright for awhile after I feed her, then I put her back to sleep in her car seat (she absolutely REFUSES to sleep in her crib).

I'm loving this little girl! She's the sweetest little thing ever. Christopher and Nathan are beginning to fall in love with her too. Yesterday Christopher spent some time talking to her. It was so sweet hearing him coo "Hello, Maayu" over and over again. He told me he doesn't talk to her too much because he doesn't know what to say, that's why he just says hello.



She still fits in her newborn clothes, even better now that she's put on some weight. I can't stand how cute her little outfits are on her. Especially these little baby Ugg lookalikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment