Instead of putting Nathan and Christopher to bed right at 7pm tonight, I took them on a short evening walk. Everyone had a great time. We walked through the garden and saw a rabbit hummingbirds and dragonflies.
Joshua decided he was in charge and had everyone line up behind him according to age; Christopher, Nathan, then Maayu (who was in the baby carrier). Then he started marching military style and sang, "If you like the birds and bees, keep the sloth away from trees!", from Ice Age. Christopher and Nathan marched behind him singing back. It was adorable. Maayu thought it was pretty great too, kicking her legs and squealing.
On our way back home Joshua described how he would catch a dragonfly to me. He walked next to me and put his arm around my shoulder while he talked. I loved it. And I realized that as perfect as that moment was, I would probably forget it before too long. For now though, I want to hold on tightly to it and be thankful that Heavenly Father made me the mom of these wonderful children.
What a wonderful memory, Jenny. You are a great mother and are raising delightful, wonderful, loving children. I love the part about Joshua putting his arm around you and confiding about how he'd catch a dragonfly.
ReplyDeleteActually, I love every magical moment of your entire adventure! Love you!