Friday, September 3, 2010

September Update

It's been awhile since I've blogged, so here's a quick update.

Alex is still working on applying for jobs. I believe the deadlines for most of these jobs is October. I'm killing myself by looking at this at least six times a day. Alex tells me not to, but I can't help myself.

I am finally feeling like a normal person again. I seriously haven't felt this well in years. There are a few reasons for this:

1) My PMDD is gone. Gone!!!! I no longer hate my family for a week out of every month, I'm no longer breaking things, crying in bed for at least 2 days straight or taking medication that barely made a difference. Alex thinks it's because I finally had a daughter and it set my hormones straight. Who knows. Whatever the reason, I'll take it.
2) I have a daughter. And she's adorable and wonderful and makes me want to be a better role model. I adore my boys, but I get so excited thinking about the relationship Maayu and I will have and the fun we will share. I finally get to have the mother/daughter relationship I didn't have with my own mom.
3) My wonderful husband has been coming home and helping me with bedtime for the last month. I LOVE him!!!! He helps me with baths, homework, Latin, and getting the two younger boys into bed by 7pm. We've also been reading Scriptures every night together as a family before he heads back to school. It has really changed the dynamics in our home.
4) Nathan is in preschool. And Maayu naps from 10am-noon. That means that I've been showering regularly. I haven't showered regularly in roughly 8 years. Yay!!!!

Joshua has started with AYSO soccer. It's the real deal. Two practice sessions a week and a game every Saturday. He was a little nervous about starting on a real team, but it turns out he knows everyone on the team; 4 of them go to his school and 1 is in our ward. He loves it now.

Christopher is loving school. He loves doing his homework, which couldn't thrill me more. He's just kind of hanging out and laying low. Love that.

Nathan loves preschool. He tells me all about his morning as soon as I pick him up. First it's what he ate for snack, then who he played with. Yesterday after school he made me wait outside for 10 minutes to see one of his friends, who just so happens to be a girl. When I asked him why we were waiting he said "I love her, she's my friend".

Maayu has started pulling herself up to a standing position. It freaks me out because she isn't too stable on her feet yet, which means she keeps falling backward and bonking her head. Though it is very cute when she's standing up and smiling at you over the crib rail. With her two little teeth.

More updates to come!

2 comments:

  1. Jenny-

    I am so glad to hear that you are doing better. Send some of your vibes this way. I am in desperate need of some good vibes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog. I love this post.

    ReplyDelete