Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Update

I honestly don't know where the last two months have gone. All I know, is that at some point I turned 34 (yikes!) and now March is nearly here. Where on earth does the time go?

Seems like the kids are bigger every morning they wake up.

Little Miss Maayu is now Little Miss Independent. She wants to walk everywhere, no riding in the stroller or being carried. The only problem is, she hates to wear shoes. She thinks they're for chewing on or playing with and flat out refuses to wear them. It makes it hard to let her roam outside.

Joshua and Christopher are working hard at school and getting ready for the Science Fair. They are playing soccer at recess and just being boys. And that's how it should be.

Nathan Reed is enjoying preschool. He has one good friend in class named Isabella. According to their teacher they do everything together. Sometimes she has to separate them to get them to pay attention. The class recently planted a small garden in their yard and Nathan is excitedly watching his radishes and basil grow. Even though he swears he hates vegetables, he really can't wait to try the radishes.

Alex is still hard at work on his dissertation and working as a TA. He's also working on a few job applications. There are three jobs; one in Kentucky, one in Florida and one for Teach for America, which could land him anywhere. At this point, any of them sound good!

I am living in a constant state of tired! But what's new? I pretty much konk out by 8:30 pm these days, which makes it hard to finish any projects I want to work on. But I'm just living life day by day, watching my kids grow, doing a little cleaning, a little cooking, some laundry and maybe fitting in some time to read and sleep. My hopes are high that one of the jobs Alex has applied for this go around will work out. That would be awesome.

Til then it's chillin' in SB and loving it!

1 comment:

  1. I know the last couple of weeks have been rough - but I see in your every post that you appreciate the days with your children and the time you have left in SB. You are a great mother, a wonderful wife, and more than that, a remarkable woman.

    Sometimes the day to day drudgery makes it hard to see how short this time of your life will be. In just 9 years, Josh will be headed off to college. Too hard to fathom!

    ReplyDelete