I'm actually feeling more rested and sane these days so I've started my Easter sewing. I changed my mind on which dress to make for Maayu. I was going to make this adorable dress for her when she was born, but that didn't happen. (Yeah, right, what was I thinking?) Though it was originally constructed for a newborn, someone has kindly posted a pattern for older girls. So far I've completed half of the bodice:
I hate cutting out patterns. It's tedious and I don't have much patience. But I love when a project starts taking shape and coming together. Of course it's not easy to get to that point when mommy's 'helper' keeps pulling the fabric you're trying to cut. I think I've got a future seamstress on my hands.
She's trying to measure herself!
I haven't started any of the other Easter projects yet, but I did start Christopher's new bed set. Here is his Star Wars pillowcase:
Hopefully the comforter will be completed in the next month. Hopefully.
And now that my sweet little niece got her birthday gift in the mail I can post some pictures of it. Yasmeen loves looking at pictures of her cousins so I thought she might like a soft book with her Walker cousins in it. Her mommy says she loves it! Yay!
These pictures aren't necessarily in order, in fact the last picture is actually the front cover.
It was very easy to make. If you want to make one yourself you can find the tutorial here on The Sleepytime Gal's site. While you're there you should check out some of her other cute projects.
Here's hoping March stays sweet. :0)
No comments:
Post a Comment