So I'm taking this opportunity to think about Easter. I usually try to give the boys (and now Maayu!) something homemade in their basket of goodies. This year I've decided on this for Nathan:

Either this or this for Christopher:

And I want to do a cool freezer paper t-shirt for Joshua, but I haven't figured out what it will look like yet.
I want to make Maayu a dress and matching hat for Easter. Ambitious, I know, taking into account my inability to finish things on time, but I'm feeling up to the challenge (at least for right now). This is the dress I'm going to attempt to make, but with some embellishments, such as a ribbon belt and possibly a pocket or ruffle.
If I actually finish all of this by Easter, I'd also like to make the boys matching bowties/ties with the same fabric as Maayu's dress. I think it would be super cute. But I won't count on that happening.
I must admit that I'm feeling a bit excited about moving on to another project because I just finished a birthday gift for my sweet niece and it actually turned out okay. I'd post pictures, but I don't want her mommy to see it just yet. But if you're interested, I got the idea from here.
In the mean time, here's a picture of my 4 little monkeys, taken just before church last Sunday:
SUCH cute ideas! Makes me wish I could sew. I hope you'll post pics of the finished projects!
ReplyDelete