Last week I took the kids to Toys R Us, just to look, since we didn't have one in SB. I reminded them several times that we weren't buying anything. Everyone seemed fine with that...until it was time to leave. Christopher was quite upset with leaving empty-handed.
C: Why can't we get something?!
Me: Well, do your chores and you can come back.
C: (With folded arms and downcast face, says under his breath) More like Chores R us, not Toys R Us.
_______________________________________
For the last few weeks I've been pointing out different places in Stockton, places I frequented as a child, my old high school, old homes, etc. I was shocked to see good old Hammer Skate was demolished!
Well, I guess I've been overdoing it. Today as we drove through Micke Grove Park, I told the kids that the water feature didn't exist when I was a kid. That's when Joshua started in on me.
He started mimicking me in a high-pitched psuedo Southern accent.
J: See that over there? It hasn't been the same since 1984. See that mountain? That wasn't there when I was born. Just look at that! I've never seen that before!
I couldn't help but laugh. I love having kids with a sense of humor.
Those are cute stories!!! Joshua is hilarious! Apparently Hammer Skate was demolished only a couple of weeks ago.
ReplyDelete