So we're here in Stockton. Alex was only able to stay with us for 2 days before he had to go back to SB to finish up his TA position. He had to proctor the final and then grade it. Once that was over he had a few free days there before he flew out to DC for the Breath of Life conference. That will last for 2 whole weeks. So that means he will have been gone for nearly 3 weeks by the time I see him again. I miss him so much!
But I'm not depressed! I have loved, loved, loved all of the family time we've had. We got to spend time with my SIL and sweet niece a few times last week. The kids loved it, especially Maayu, who has enjoyed having another girl around!
Yesterday we went to a bbq at my brother and SIL's house in Sunnyvale. It was the first time I had been there. It was a lot of fun to catch up and hang out. My mom drove up with us and it was nice to spend time with her.
And the kids get to see Gramme every day! I also get to see her, and I've appreciated having her encouragement, help and delicious dinners!
Other things I've loved about being in Stockton:
*Variety. I mean food, toys, clothing...everything! And it's all affordable.
* Living in a house. With a private backyard. And 2 bathrooms. And a room big enough that all the kids are bunking together. That means Maayu isn't in my room anymore. No more nights with her standing up in her crib screaming at me to pick her up. Instead, she's surrounded by her brothers who comfort her and help her get to sleep at night. They also entertain her in the morning, so I have time to wake up. Love it.
* Sun and warmth. SB summers depressed me with the overcast days. It's been upper 70s to 90 here and I've been loving it. I love sun and warm.
No comments:
Post a Comment