Friday, February 10, 2012

Alex Makes the News

I'm so proud of my husband! He never fails to amaze me with how much he can juggle. He currently has 3 jobs, one that is 100+ miles away in Santa Rosa, plus he's finishing up his dissertation, PLUS he takes flak from me and helps me raise our 4 children. The man is like a super hero.

Tomorrow he will be in the Press Democrat, the local newspaper in Santa Rosa. The article will feature the language revitalization class he is teaching for my tribe, the Dry Creek Band of Pomo Indians.


Photo by John Burgess

Alex began studying the language while we were dating, and is currently the only living expert on the language. I sometimes tease him by saying he only married me because he liked the language so much. :) Whatever, it sure worked out for me. (And for him too, apparently.)

In the last few months he was part of creating an iphone app with words and sounds in the language (including pictures that he drew himself), as well as two posters.

Yeah, I think he's kind of awesome.

1 comment: