Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Berkeley

We took an impromptu day trip to Berkeley last Monday. It was a lot of fun. We ate at a great Mediterranean restaurant where Maayu made a huge scene that got us some why-did-those-people-reproduce looks. That's always great.

We walked around downtown and hit up some awesome bookstores, including Eastwind Books and University Press Books. I bought two cool books at Eastwind:



Alex got a couple of great nerd books from University Press. We also found a great discount bookstore where Christopher scored an origami book and Josh found a movie for $6.

We also walked the beautiful campus with Alex as our tour guide. It was sweet to see how connected Alex is to that campus.

The Campanile



Nathan standing in front of South Hall


The boys.

We took the kids into the Life Sciences Building to see the T Rex bones. There was also a cool evolution exhibit.



We also drove past our old apartment. So many memories were made there, including bringing Christopher home for the first time! I can still see Joshua and Christopher running around and playing together in that huge apartment. And oh, my goodness, the view from up there!

We saw this sign posted outside of the complex. Pretty cool. We're pretty sure that Joshua saw a mountain lion while we were there. He was barely 2 years old.




It's hard to believe that the last time I was in Berkeley was 7 years ago when Alex received his BA. Wow. It's crazy how years of your life can fly by so quickly. I wish that I had appreciated the area more when we lived there. I know that Alex did, and he made sure that we had many fun adventures in those two years.

Just for fun, here are a few pictures from around campus that made us chuckle:

A sign that says, "We've banned plastic bags in Berkeley and Alameda Counties. Let's take it statewide!" Funny, though, that everything we bought that day was given to us in plastic bags...




Strike!

No comments:

Post a Comment