Friday, December 11, 2009

Prenatal Appointment Week 37

Highlights:

* I lost a pound.

* My blood pressure was high again: 141/91
The doctor is seriously concerned about it at this point. Apparently the midwife didn't know my history of high blood pressure when she told me last week that I probably wouldn't have to be induced. I have to go back to the lab for blood work again to check my base line.

* I'm supposed to be on bed rest. Not that I mind at this point. I'm tired.

* I'd been having contractions so the doctor did a pelvic exam and I'm 1 cm dilated.

* My next appointment is Thursday the 18th and the doctor said we will probably schedule an induction then. I told him it would be nice to have this baby before Christmas and he agreed.

My mucous plug made it's bloody appearance last night. It freaked me out. I've never had that happen in any of my other pregnancies. It's not a sure sign of labor, of course. Labor could start anywhere from 1 hour to 2 weeks. I'm so tired. And I feel yucky. So I hope this baby shows herself sooner than later!

1 comment:

  1. Getting so close!!! I wasn't in a hurry to have the boys, but at 32 weeks with Amy I was so exhausted, and achy and irritable. And of course she was 4 days late! However that doesn't seem to be the case with your little girl. Before Christmas would be nice!

    ReplyDelete