Yesterday I decided to sew something for Maayu. I found this really cute
tutorial for a mini quilt toy and decided to try it. I altered the pattern a little bit by adding more ribbon, putting bells inside and omitting the border. I think it came out pretty well. Christopher told me it looks like something from the store, so that's a good sign!
Here's the front:

Here's the back:

I also made a wrist rattle, which didn't come out as well as I'd hoped, but it was fun nonetheless. You can find the tutorial for this rattle on the same site as the mini quilt.

It's so fun to sew for baby!
Jenny it really does look like something from the store! Especially in the red, black and white graphic prints you used! It looks like a fancy newborn learning toy.
ReplyDeleteSoooooo clever! Alyssa called it. It looks like a boutique learning toy. I'm impressed!
ReplyDelete