Wednesday, June 16, 2010

My Brother's (and Sister's) Keeper

Last night I was holding Maayu up and pretending she was walking.

"Time to learn how to walk, Maayu. You've got to go out and find a job next month", I joked.

Joshua just happened to walk into the room and heard what I said. He was horrified.

"No, Mom!!!!! Maayu can't work yet!!!", he yelled.

"Why not? She'll be 6 months old", I teased.

He was stunned. The look on his face was priceless.

But then, in an instance, it changed to a smile.

"Don't worry, Mom. I'll be the one to get a job. Not Maayu."

What a sweet boy.

Have you ever seen this painting by Michael Bedard titled, 'Brother's Keeper'? That's the kind of brother Joshua is.

1 comment:

  1. This MELTED me. (And is the whole reason I was secretly hoping to have boys before girls...Lucky Maayu!)

    PS - I'm loving your new profile pic. You are so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete