There has been a lot of backyard play as well as some scooting around the complex. We've strolled the wharf once so far, while eating gummies and counting all the crabs we can find. The Maritime Museum is fun to check out:
Nathan started swim lessons for the first time this evening. He was super excited at first, but grew a bit worried that he had to get into the pool with a stranger. I'm not one of those hover parents, so I just stood back and let the teacher coax him in.
And he's in!
It wasn't until he could go in with Daddy that he really started having a good time!
Maayu is all over the place now! She can pretty much get wherever she wants to by rolling or scooting. She already loves getting into her brothers toys. I don't know what we're going to do when she starts crawling.
She loves her toys. Especially the little rings and, for some reason, a felt carrot I made awhile back. If I lay a bunch of toys in front of her she will go for the carrot first.
Nathan and Christopher are signed up for the library's Summer Reading Program. For every 5 books they read they get a prize. Joshua decided not to do it because he said the prizes are lame. But Nathan is all about it. We read 7 books last week and he was very excited. Today we went in and he chose to talk about the shark book we read. His favorite part of the book was when the man on the surf board was bitten by a shark because he looked like a fish or seal. The library volunteer was surprised! But she handed him his prize which was a bookmark AND a free family pass to the Art History Museum! We've never been and I'm excited to check it out. I guess the prizes aren't as lame as Joshua thought!
No comments:
Post a Comment