Well, my friends, the time has finally come (and it's been a long time coming!). Alex is now in a position in grad school where he can start applying for jobs. And let me tell you, it's both an exciting and desperate time in life.
Several good positions have opened up in the last few months. There are a few that we want so badly we stay up at night daydreaming about the possibilities. There are a few that we aren't so desperate for but would gladly take. Beggars can't be choosers, right? (At least that's what my Nana always used to say.)
We go from being confident about our chances (Alex's chances, I guess I should say) to being completely freaked out. It can't be good for my blood pressure. Poor Alex is so stressed thinking about it.
I have to remind us both that sometimes it just comes down to faith. We just have to believe that things will work out. It's hard to do that sometimes. So I'm asking everyone to keep us in their prayers. Not just for the right job to come along, but also that our faith will be strengthened in this exciting and unsure time in our lives.
You are in my prayers, Jenny. Almost constantly. Here's one thing I know for absolute sure: Your approach is prayerful and wise. Your situation seems like a classic "Faith before the Miracle" scenario. I don't know how this will unfold, but I am confident that if we are all prayerful and you continue with faith and perseverance, all will be well. I'm sure of it.
ReplyDeleteI am so impressed (and grateful) for who you and Alex are as individuals, as a couple, and as parents. It's what mommies pray for!
Buckle your seatbelts, because it is a roller coaster for sure. Prayer made ALL the difference for us. You'll be in mine!
ReplyDelete