Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Maayu at 15 1/2 Months

Maayu at 15 1/2 months:

* Walking has turned into running.




* Words:

Uh-oh
E-I-E-O (From Old MacDonald, of course)
Dada
Mom (Nope, no 'mama')
Yeah
Diaper
Joshua
No (But she doesn't know what it means yet. Thank goodness)
bye-bye

So far it's mostly gibberish, but it's definitely said with a lot of emotion and intonation. She does nod her head for yes and puts her hands up to say "I don't know". If I say "diaper change time" she runs from me. If you sing "Clap Your Hands" she claps. She gives air kisses and hugs (mostly to her brothers or daddy), but sadly, she is not a real cuddler. Not because she's not sweet, but because she's all business and doesn't have the time!

* The things she loves the most:

Her brothers. Hands down. She follows them wherever they go, copies everything they do, and thinks they are hilarious. And...she's got them wrapped around her little finger. They will do anything for her. For instance, this picture was taken after she decided to park herself on the sidewalk and she insisted that her brothers sit beside her. They were happy to do it.



Her daddy. (Speaking of people wrapped around her finger!) When we found out I was having a girl, Alex insisted that she would be mine. What was he going to do with a girl, he said. Well, I'll tell you what: Sing Old MacDonald, dance in the living room, play tickle, peekaboo, read books...the list goes on. Daddy calls her "Itty Bitty" and "Little Girl". Maayu blows him kisses and lights up when Daddy walks in the door.




Shoes. Especially shiny ones. I took her to Payless last week to buy some sandals and she picked out a cute metallic pair. She also picked out a pair of pink snake skin flats and shiny patent leather shoes. When it's time to go out she runs to get her shoes. Sometimes she grabs them when Daddy is leaving for school because she wants to go with him. It's really sweet. Today Alex told me I should buy her more shoes!

She was really upset when her sandals got dirty in Palm Springs:




She loves to play and move. Her favorite toys are cars. The other day I bought her some age-appropriate pink and purple cars. She likes to push them and say 'vroom'. She also loves airplanes. Nathan taught her to 'fly' them and say 'whoosh'. Other favorite toys are her hairbrush, books, plastic cookware, blocks and her dolly.



She's also good at climbing and getting into everything.



She loves to sing. If you sing, she will sing, clap her hands and move her head side to side.

Her 4 top teeth have finally come in! And her hair is nearly long enough for a mini pigtail.

More pictures for your viewing pleasure:



No comments:

Post a Comment