Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Play Area

I'm happy to say that I finally cleaned underneath the staircase so that Maayu had a place to play. I was getting really tired her playing with everything but her toys and I realized it was because she didn't really have anywhere to play.

It took me 3 hours to finish cleaning under there. It was disgusting. Dusty, dirty, lint balls, spiderwebs, food! I found numerous toys and shoes that haven't fit anyone for years. I went through all of my fabric and repacked them according to color. I got rid of tons of stuff, mostly books I'd read but kept around.

So we went from this mess under the stairs:


To this nice, tidy play area:



The red drawers are filled with the boys' stuff, so they can enjoy the area too.

I can't tell you how much easier my life has become with all of the toys out of the way. Plus, I know Maayu is in a safe, fun place. No more pulling out all of Alex's books or climbing the stairs out of boredom. The living room is clean all the time! I didn't even think it was possible to find the room in this small place. I'm glad it worked out.

1 comment: