I've been trying to find some projects to make for the boys' room, to update it and better organize everything. I found this cute idea and this cute idea and combined them to make with this:
A decoupaged Star Wars art hanger:
I made it specifically for Christopher who needs a place to display all of his art. But he decided to also use it for his hat and other miscellaneous stuff.
A closer look:
I'm telling you this was the easiest project I've ever done. No joke. Here's how I did it, in case you're interested:
I used:
*two wooden boards. I bought mine at Orchard Supply for $3 a piece.
*a bottle of mod podge. I bought mine at Michael's. The smallest bottle was about $5.
*fabric cut to fit the boards. This is the same fabric I used to make Christopher's pillowcase.
*small clips. I thought of using clothes pins or the big metal clips but I found these other ones at Staples. They are cute colors that match the fabric and seem really sturdy. They were $3 for 2.
*a sponge or paint brush to spread the mod podge. Like 30 cents at Michael's.
*Q-tips or something to apply the wood glue to the clips.
Take your board and thinly coat it with the mod podge. Then place the fabric on top. This is kind of tricky because you've got to smooth it out and get rid of any bubbles. Let it dry for about 10 minutes. Then apply another coat of mod podge on top of the fabric. Let it dry completely.
Once the mod podge is dry, measure and figure out where you want to put the clips on the board. I tried to make the clips far enough apart that Christopher could put a regular 8 1/2 x 11 paper either vertically or horizontally.
Put some wood glue on the back of the clips and stick them on the board. Let dry.
Done. So, so easy.
Now I'm thinking of what I can decoupage next...
I love this idea!
ReplyDelete