Thursday, May 26, 2011

The Fantastic Walkers!

Tonight, after we put Christopher and Nathan to bed, Joshua helped me dump a ton of garbage and fish some sturdy boxes out of the recycling bin for packing. As he was climbing out of one of the bins he got on his tip toes and stared out with his hand above his eyes and exclaimed, "I can see San Francisco from here!" He's so silly. And for a split second I had one of those moments you see in movies, where a parent will see their grown up children as they were when they were little. Joshua isn't a grown up yet, but he's sure growing up fast.

I forget that he was only 3 years old when we moved here. He was just old enough that he can remember right back to the beginning of our 6 years. One of his favorite memories is when he first saw his buddy Harland move in, about a year after us. They've been good buds ever since.

I've asked him a few times in the past few weeks how he feels about moving. He just shrugs. I can't figure out if that means he's too afraid to talk about it or that he doesn't really care. So I haven't brought it up lately.

Tonight after we dragged our recycled boxes home, he told me they should leave our apartment empty. I asked him why and he said, "Like a museum, let people walk through and say 'This was the home of the fantastic Walkers!" He threw his arms up for emphasis. He's so sweet. I'm glad that he will take good memories of the past 6 years with him. I'm also thankful that he thinks we're fantastic! ;0)

1 comment:

  1. That is one fantastic boy you've got there. What a great memory to have!

    ReplyDelete