Saturday, May 28, 2011

Goodbye, SB Harbor!



Today we took our last trip to the SB harbor. It's been one of our favorite places to hang out. I feel especially fond of it because I brought Joshua and Christopher here way back before Alex had officially accepted his offer to UCSB. The department had put us up in a hotel for the weekend so we could come and check everything out. While Alex was on campus, the boys and I walked to the harbor from our hotel, snacked on french fries and marveled at the number of crabs we found.

I can hardly believe how long ago that was.

Today we walked to the end of the harbor and spotted 1 sting ray, 4 bat rays and a ton of crabs. The weather was absolutely perfect, about 80 degrees. It was the perfect day to say goodbye to one of our favorite places in SB.






Goodbye, SB harbor. We enjoyed counting crabs, spotting sting rays, dodging the waves splashing over the sea wall and watching the daily catch come in. We'll also miss your fried calamari, clam chowder bowls and delicious lobster. You were awesome and we are glad to have spent many fun afternoons with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment