Okay, so I've had some time to rest after our trip and decided I'm up for posting some highlights from our trip to San Diego.
The trip down wasn't too bad. We actually arrived in SD about 11am and decided to stop in La Jolla to check out Deseret Book. Alex had a field day. He got some pretty cool stuff. After a quick lunch we headed to Jeff and Meredith's.
Their house is really cute. Alex loves it. The boys just loved the room to roll around. Plus, they have a gigantic plasma tv that looks like a movie screen-we all enjoyed that!
Thanksgiving was very chill. I didn't have to do a thing and I loved it! Jeff and Alex took the boys to the neighborhood park to play whiffle ball and the boys had a great time. Nathan hit the ball several times and his brothers were extremely proud of him. So sweet!
Jeff made a delicious and juicy turkey. Alex swears it's the best turkey he's had in years. (Gee, thanks!) Jeff injected the turkey with broth, garlic and other spices, which I think made all the difference. Three of Jeff's buddies came over for dinner also.
After dinner I started having a bunch of contractions, which freaked me out, so I went and laid down in the kid's room to rest. Meredith had to work that day from 7am-7pm, and when she got home she was seriously concerned. She made me some hot peppermint tea. It's nice to be waited on! After about an hour the contractions stopped. I was able to be social again. Meredith went to bed at a decent hour, but Jeff, Alex and I stayed up until 1:30am talking. Mostly about family.
Friday was a nice day. Alex and Joshua had to go to L.A. to pick up Alex's passport, so Nathan, Christopher and I stayed to visit with Jeff and Meredith. Jeff and Meredith were sweet enough to take the boys out for a few hours so I could rest. I was able to take a warm shower, watch a show on the big screen AND take a nap. The boys came back very happy. I later found out that on their outing they had gone to Target to buy some cute stuff for Maayu. They bought a pair of little furry boots for her that are adorable. They are like little baby Uggs. I'll have to post a picture of them. After lunch we took the boys to the park and let them run around. Then we went out to get a Christmas tree.
When we got back, Alex and Joshua were back and we decided to go out to dinner at a place called Corvette's. It's a fun place. It's a fifties themed restaurant. There's an arcade and waitresses dress in fifties attire with big wigs and everything. They even do little dance routines in the aisles. It's was slightly overwhelming for Nathan, who sat very quietly for a long time and eventually fell into a fitful sleep on my lap.
I'm glad we were able to go and spend Thanksgiving with family. It's the first time in 3 years or more. Jeff and Meredith were very hospitable, and I was able to get a lot of rest. The ride home wasn't too bad, but I started having contractions again and a terrible backache the last 2 hours. I couldn't wait to be done with the trip and get home.
Now it's back to the daily grind. It's going to be tough after being waited on for days. I feel like there's a lot to be done. I'd like to get Christmas started just in case Maayu decides to show up early.
Sounds like a great trip! Isn't it nice to have family around?!
ReplyDelete