Monday, March 30, 2009



Family Home Evening



So, Alex and I have really been trying to keep up with our family home evenings. Sometimes things get so crazy and it never happens. But we know that it is very important for our boys that we are consistent. Tonight Alex came home for an hour so that we could have fhe before he had to go back and finish some stuff up at school. The topic tonight was "The Plan of Salvation". We played a game where each boy had a few cards with key words on them. Then after the lesson we went around and discussed how each word was important to the Plan of Salvation. It went pretty well. Of course Nathan wandered during the lesson and Christopher screamed when it was his turn to pray, but we did it, and that's what counts. Yay for us!

2 comments:

  1. "and christopher screamed when it was his turn to pray"...he really is like me. I loved fhe, but ask alex how I was or family scrpture reading. One word: possessed.

    Here are a few great fhe resources that might make putting it together easier:

    The Idea Door that has 30 lessons ready made. Kids can pick a baggie which correlates to a lesson already written.
    http://www.theideadoor.com/FHE/30FHELessons.html

    Other good resources: http://fheinasnap.blogspot.com/, http://fheplanner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the resources. Any help is greatly appreciated. I love doing the lessons, and it's fun when they actually work out! It's funny that you mention how you were during fhe because whenever Christopher acts up at all (which is EVERY time)Alex always says, "I couldn't enjoy fhe when I was a kid because your Aunt Alyssa used to scream!". Lol. :0)

    ReplyDelete