Monday, March 23, 2009
Living with PMDD-Such a bummer
Only a few select people know that I suffer from PMDD-Premenstrual Disphoric Disorder. At times it seems to rule my life. I sometimes feel like a crazy person about to snap-It's a Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde game. Life can be wonderful and I'm cruisin' along blissfully, then one day I wake up and I hate the world. I hate my husband and kids. I wish I could disappear so that I won't feel so miserable or cause so much grief for my family. This usually lasts 3-5 days (but has been known to last on an off for a whole month). What's worse, when I snap out of this depression, I feel extremely guilty for the way I've treated my family. I guess it makes me appreciate the good days even more. I tend to kiss my children more on the good days because I want them to know that I adore them, even though I'm a psycho every once in awhile. So, if you ever see me looking down or if you don't see me for awhile and wonder where I am, I just might be in the middle of a bad week (or month!) with my PMDD. I mean no offense if I ignore you or seem standoffish. As my husband says, "You can't 'blame' a crazy person!" :0)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment