Welcome to
Where
Oh, the joys of living in an apartment complex...No, it sucks. Okay, so I need a moment to vent. The boys were playing outside in the backyard and an upstairs neighbor came out and told them they were "kind of messing up the bushes". What?! WHAT?! The BUSH?! Are you KIDDING me? The honest truth is that they hate children. I only assume this because they live in a one bedroom apartment where all the childless couples live. Can I just say that I absolutely hate the way some people treat children-like they are such an inconvenience and annoyance. Did they forget that they were children once? All these people who'd rather have dogs than children are just confused. Yes, children are loud and messy and inconvenient, but somebody has to have children otherwise we're all going to die out. I'm not one for confrontation, but I get so angry when people say things to my children. I've had more than one of my neighbors either say something to me or my children about how loud they are. Give me a break! You live in FAMILY student housing, and unfortunately for you, FAMILY includes children. One time a childless neighbor knocked on my door when I had 2 preschool children at home and was 7 months pregnant to tell me that it was really noisy in her upstairs bedroom (the boys' room is on the other side). My first thought was apologetic then I remembered that she also has a downstairs area, as well as a big university a mile away with a very quiet library she could utilize. So I very politely said, "Sorry, but it's not going to get any quieter. I'm having another boy." Children are people too! Live with it.
Whew...okay, I feel better. :0)
Who said they were messing up the bushes? They don't own the bushes. They need to shut their damned mouths and stay out of other folks' business.
ReplyDeleteclassic Walker comment to that lady!! haha...what are we doing to you? (I LOVE IT)
ReplyDelete