Wednesday, October 21, 2009

This Week

Here is what our week looked like:

* After much discussion and worry (bordering on paranoia), Alex and I decided to keep Christopher home from school until he gets the H1N1 (Swine Flu) vaccine. We went back and forth on the decision, but finally decided that we didn't want to see him in the hospital struggling to breathe (or live!). Two young children have died in our local hospital due to complications with H1N1. That is scary. Especially when you've already spent countless hours over your child's bed counting his breathes, judging his color, waking at all hours of the night to give breathing treatments and listening to his weak coughs and wheezing. Luckily for us the boys' school offers independent study contracts we can complete at home. Christopher's teacher is very kind and sympathetic to our worries and put a packet together for him in just a few days. What's really cool is that Christopher LOVES doing schoolwork! It sure makes it easier on me.

* My appetite has returned! I actually get hungry and WANT to eat. And after 2 weeks of my husband forcing me to eat, it's a welcomed change! (Last week, while trying to choke down a sandwich, I told Alex I had never loved him more or hated him more then I did at that moment!) Now if I don't eat every 2 hours I get really lethargic. My favorite things right now: hamburgers, Blenders smoothies and Kefir. Love them.

* Alex has had a bothersome cough. He can't sleep well at night, which is a bummer. He's been a real trooper, though. He's been spending alot of time with the boys, who have LOVED it! He introduced the boys to chess this week. They can't get enough of it! They beg to play it every night. And they are getting pretty good at it too. Christopher actually beat Alex the other night!

* My belly is growing...which means Maayu is growing! Yay! She's starting to run out of room, I can tell by the way she moves more like a wave rather than swift kicks. If I lie a certain way and she doesn't like it she will let me know! (Hey, Mom, you're squishing me here!) Sleeping is a challenge, with the frequent trips to the bathroom and the playful kicking going on in my belly. I'm hopeful that after all the forced feeding and the return of my appetite this little girl will be healthy and strong come December.

* I actually completed a sewing project! I haven't done much sewing lately. I had this plan where I was going to sew a bunch of baby things and Christmas presents...yeah, right. Anyway, I decided to sew a fitted sheet for Maayu's crib that will coordinate with our room. And because I'm not the super girly type. First, here's a picture of what we are using the crib for right now:

And here is a close up of the fitted sheet pattern:


Sometimes I pause at the crib and look inside and think to myself, "There's going to be a baby sleeping in here soon!" And a girl no less!

* Today I am 30 weeks pregnant. That means only 10 weeks left to go. Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment