Monday, October 5, 2009

When Maayu comes...

This morning after we dropped everyone off at school, Nathan and I had a very lengthy conversation about Maayu. What I really mean to say is, Nathan had a long conversation about Maayu! He talked non-stop about what he wants to do when Maayu comes. This is the shortened version:

"Mommy, when Maayu comes out, you know what I'm going to do? I'm going to make her a house out of legos. Then you know what, Mom? I'm going to make her a car out of legos too. Does Maayu like Clone Wars? Because when she comes out I'm going to go upstairs and get the comic book Star Wars for her. I found it on the bookshelf in my room. You know what, Mom? When Maayu comes out I'm going to get her stuff from upstairs." (And...breathe!)

I think he's finally figuring out that Maayu is a real person and that he will be able to see and play with her soon. I love that he's already thinking about how he wants to help take care of her. This little girl is going to be well loved and protected by her big brothers.

2 comments:

  1. This is one of the ways you show what great parents you are. Your boys love each other and care for each other. Nathan is carrying forward a tradition he already knows.

    Lucky boys. Lucky Maayu.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite possibly the sweetest thing ever. I sense an enduring friendship in the making...

    ReplyDelete