Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Prenatal Appointment

I was feeling pretty good about my blood pressure with this pregnancy. Though it has been slightly high a couple of times, it hasn't been terrible or even as high as my last pregnancy.

I was going to brag about it to my doctor, however, when the medical assistant took my blood pressure this morning she said it was too high. I was immediately bummed. She had me lie on my left side for awhile, then took it again. Luckily it was a little better.

I asked the doctor how it was looking, because I DO NOT want to be induced again. He said that this is about the time in my pregnancy that I really have to watch out for my blood pressure. He had me go to the lab to get a blood test done. He advised me to cut my physical activity in half. I had to laugh when he said that. Yeah, right! I've got 3 little boys, how's that going to work?! The doctor seemed to think that just dropping them off at school and picking them up is alot of work. Uh...that's not even the tip of the iceberg, Doc! Are you kidding? And I feel like I'm not doing anything at all around here as it is. The apartment is disgusting. The clutter is out of hand. If I cut my physical activity in half, I'll never get off of my butt!!!!!

As far as the baby goes, she is still measuring small-about 2 weeks smaller than her due date. I told the doctor about my other pregnancies and he figures either she will catch up and end up 8 pounds like Christopher, or be a little 6 pounder like Joshua.

I gained some weight-four pounds to be exact. I now weigh 135 lbs.

Ugh. I really, really, REALLY don't want to be induced again. I want to have this baby in 2 hours, not suffer through an induction for 8-10 hours. But I'd much rather she be healthy. So here's to trying to figure out how to make it through the next 2 months without any other problems!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment