The Easter bunny brought some fun stuff. Each boy got 4 cool things and some candy. I didn't buy them a prepackaged basket because I'm tired of cheap broken toys and pure sugar candy.
Nana paid for the goodies (Thank you, Nana!) I took the kids to Kmart last week and let them pick out one toy they wanted, then told them they couldn't have them until Easter. I expected some whining over this, but instead got some really excited and happy boys. They even started a countdown til Easter! So they each got one toy, a coloring/activity book, something artsy (crayons, scissors, pencil bag and model set) and a handful of chocolate kisses.
Maayu thought the crinkly paper was cool.
After we opened the Easter goodies, we watched "The Lamb of God". The boys really paid attention. I'm so glad that they understand the true reason we celebrate Easter.
While the kids played with their stuff, I made lunch. We had a pork roast, cheesy grits, corn, baked beans (from scratch! Thanks, Pioneer woman!) and key lime pie for dessert. It was fun to have a little Southern twist instead of the traditional meal.
After lunch we went to Lake Los Carneros for our egg hunt.
The boys waiting for Dad to hide the eggs:
Some black and white photos of the find:
We also played some soccer and blew some bubbles:
Maayu, smile!
Or frown...
More fun pictures:
No comments:
Post a Comment