Saturday, April 24, 2010

Saturday

Today went pretty well. I kept my sanity, for the most part.

Alex called first thing this morning to say hello. He must really miss us! He said he still hadn't finished his presentation (yikes!). But he called this afternoon around 3pm and said it went very well. So it was worth it.

At 9am Josh had scouts. They met at Goleta Beach to pick up trash for community service. Though it was overcast it was surprisingly warm, so the rest of us stayed to enjoy the beach. I sat on the beach with Maayu while Nathan and Christopher played in the sand. The scouts had a great time. I mean, how many scouts get to go to the beach?! The den leaders even provided donuts.

After the beach I wanted to do something different. I decided to go to downtown SB. I'm embarrassed to say that in the 5 years we've lived here I've only been downtown about 10 times. I don't get to shop much and I hate looking for parking.

I drove around for what seemed like forever with the boys complaining about how they just wanted to go home. I was actually looking for the central library, but couldn't find it. So I just picked a random parking lot and figured we'd just walk around and explore.

I was stoked to find Borders. I've been so desperate for a new book to read lately. I put in some requests at the library for "A Gesture Life" by Chang-rae Lee (Thanks, Alyssa!), "Comfort Food" by Kate Jacobs and "Barefoot" by Elid Hilderbrand. However, I decided to check out the bargain section of Borders anyway. I only buy books on the bargain shelves because it's not worth paying $16-$24 for a book I'll finish in 5 days. Luckily I found 3 books (totaling $16!); "The Last Summer (of You and Me) by Ann Brashares, "Belong to Me" by Marisa de los Santos and "Sundays at Tiffany's" by James Patterson. I'm SO happy!

After much complaining from the boys about taking too long in the bookstore, we left to go find the library. We ended up walking about 4 blocks up. It wasn't bad. In fact, it was very nice because, hey, it's Santa Barbara!

I wanted to explore more but the boys were not having it. They let me take 2 pictures of them and a few of the courthouse, then they were done and begged to go home.





Once we got home I was pooped. I put on Star Wars for the boys and Maayu and I fell alseep together on the floor. She is so cuddly! I love it so much.

When I woke up I took the boys outside to ride scooters. They rode around with their buddy and neighbor, Harland. I love watching Nathan scoot around. He just learned how to do it and he stands kind of funny with his bottom sticking out. It looks very haphazard. But it works for him!

Now we are watching TMNT and killing time before we have to go and pick Alex up at 10pm. I can't wait to see him. Absence makes the heart grow fonder...if growing fonder of him were even possible! ;0)

No comments:

Post a Comment