Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Weekend Update

My husband was gone for nearly 5 days this weekend. He attended a conference in Utah where he presented a paper titled, "The Phonemic Status of Word-Initial Glottal Stops in Southern Pomo". (Yeah, right? What does that even mean?!) I'm pleased to learn that his presentation went well and that he was able to meet several other Linguists, including an expert on the Deseret Alphabet. He was also able to make a connection with another student to work on a project that will qualify as his publishable paper. It's wonderful that the trip was so successful. It makes it worth the time he had to be away from home.

The kids and I had a great weekend. We "chilled", as Nathan would say. Except for Sunday, the weather was sunny and beautiful, so we played outside a lot and enjoyed it. On Friday we ate dinner at Chili's (I had a kids eat free coupon), then went to browse at Border's. On Saturday we walked to Costco for lunch and stopped to play at Girsch Park. The boys rode their scooters almost every day and played the video game for much too long. But I didn't mind because they let me sew! And Maayu was as happy as a clam in her swing watching me sew, so believe me, I took advantage of it! I almost finished a little tiered skirt for her, but had to put it aside for awhile. That's how I have to do projects, in the short increments of time I can find. If it's not the kids then it's me feeling tired. I hate leaving a project unfinished, but I'm learning to deal with it.
It's funny that I'm more tired now that Alex is back home than I was all weekend while he was gone! It's not his fault, of course. I haven't slept well for the last two days (stupid hormones) and Maayu woke up crying several times last night. It's only the second time she's ever done that since she was born. I know I shouldn't complain, but I hope she doesn't start waking up like that every night, not after 3+ months of not doing it! I can't deal with that change!

Basically I have been worthless today. Just exhausted. I strayed from my meal plan and we had pb&j sandwiches (well, Joshua, Nathan and I did. And Joshua made them! What a sweet boy.), yogurt and crackers. It's just so hard to function when you are tired. I'm just glad I have such sweet and helpful boys. Otherwise, I don't know how we would have made it through the day!


No comments:

Post a Comment