Sunday, August 8, 2010

Summer Update

Here's an update in bullet points and pictures:

*Nathan has been doing an awesome job at soccer! He's a bit slower than the other kids, but he's doing what the coach says and giving it his all, which is all you can ask of a four-year old, right? And to think that the program was threatening to kick him out...puh-lease!




*Maayu still has an ear infection. She's now on a stronger antibiotic for another 10 days. She doesn't fuss at all about it, except it does wake her up at night.


*We now have 4 pets: 2 geckos, 1 tarantula and a praying mantis. I hate that praying mantis. Isn't that weird? I can do tarantulas but not flying insects. They creep me out.


*Christopher will be going to Camp Wheeze this week. It's a week-long day camp for elementary-aged children with chronic asthma. The camp is led by Dr. Leibhaber, our fantastic allergist/asthma specialist. Kids will learn about their asthma and how to stay healthy, plus there will be arts and crafts and fun games.

*School starts next week! I didn't realize it until yesterday. I have mixed feelings; happy that the boys will be back with their friends and occupied again, sad that it's back to waking up early and doing homework.

*Nathan is signed up for preschool! I can't believe it. Nathan was just a few months old when Joshua started preschool! And, to be honest, I didn't think we'd still be here when Nathan turned four. But here we are!

*Since I have to walk over to pick Nathan up from preschool at 12:15pm, I figured it's a good excuse to get out and start walking. Maayu is big enough now to go into the jogging stroller. If not, I figured out that the jogging stroller has a car seat adapter. My goal is to get out and walk at least 3 times a week. And I'm hoping that I can get to volunteer in the boys' classrooms this school year too.

*Alex has TAships for Fall, Winter and Spring quarters. However, they are only half TAships, so they will be way less than he used to get. Still no word from Mexico. That's frustrating.

I'm hoping that I can be more productive and social this school year. Between PMDD, being pregnant on bed rest and summer vacation, I feel like I've been a hermit.

No comments:

Post a Comment