Monday, June 22, 2009

Summer Begins

Joshua eating an Airhead candy.

I know that summer vacation started 2 weeks ago and that summer officially started yesterday, but to me it really began today.

I thought it would be nice to have a picnic at the park this afternoon, so I made sandwiches and we headed to Goleta Beach Park. It was a beautiful day; clear skies, warm sunshine and a cool, light breeze. After we had lunch the boys played at the playground for a while. But the beach was calling to me, so we made our way down to the sand.

Every time we go to the beach now I feel like I need to soak everything up; not just the sun, but the sounds and the smells and the sight of people enjoying themselves. We've been truly blessed to live here in Santa Barbara for so long and I realize that it won't last forever. So I take a million pictures of the boys, knowing that if we don't end up living close to a beach, we will all enjoy remembering the awesome times we had in Santa Barbara.

Here are some pictures of the fun had today:


I know I've said it a million times, but I love watching the boys play at the beach. They never run out of things to do. There are too many rocks, shells and sticks to collect. Too many sand crabs to dig up. And enough sand to go around.

On another note, Alex taught his first class today! I'm so proud of him. He was slightly nervous this morning, but I knew he would be great. He's got a class of about 25 students and he's decided to use a different textbook than the one used by previous professors. His class is only Mon-Thurs, so we could possibly enjoy 3 days weekends throughout the summer! Hopefully we will be able to take advantage of that. Alex has been so busy all year, it would be nice to spend some time with him!

I think it will turn out to be a great summer after all! I was having a really hard time seeing the light at the end of the tunnel with the morning sickness, but it's slowly disappearing and I've resolved to enjoy the summer. I mean, I may not enjoy being pregnant, but I can at least enjoy the summer.

1 comment:

  1. I am so hooked on seeing updates. It makes me less lonely. Thank you, Jenny, for keeping this updated even when you don't feel that great. These are such engaging, fascinating and interested children. Every story and every picture is fun to see. I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!

    ReplyDelete