Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Hanging in There

Thanks to some over-the-counter Benadryl, some McDonald's food (I still can't believe it's all I can keep down!), and a good book (The Other Boleyn Girl-thanks for the recommendation, Alyssa!), I am feeling better today. So I thought I'd catch up on my blog.

First of all, I want to show off our very first baby item for baby #4! Auntie Lyssa sent us this really cute onesie. Very appropriate for a Walker baby. It's not a very good picture, but it says:

IPoo'd Change me




Very cute! Auntie Lyssa also sent a really cool book on how to make fun cupcakes along with a ton of decorating goodies. The boys were very excited to get that package. As soon as I am feeling better we will dive into it.

And speaking of not feeling well, it's been a tough few weeks. Can I just say that morning sickness sucks? Well, it more than sucks. I'm trying to figure out how I can even survive with the little amount of food I'm able to keep down. It's a mystery to me.

So while I've been wallowing in my misery and praying to keep my food down, Nathan Reed has been taking advantage of his freedom. On one particular day this week he was like the Tasmanian Devil! Here is a picture of what he did to his room while I was right next door in my bed.


Can you believe this mess?! He turned over his bed, dumped out the drawers, broke the plastic bins we used to hold clothes, etc, etc, etc. When I saw this mess I cried. But what could I do? He's 3 years old and bored and his mommy isn't paying any attention to him lately. Poor little guy. His nursery teacher at church told me yesterday that last week he wouldn't stop talking. He talked about how his mommy was sick and throwing up. He's just trying to process all of this in his little head. Why is my mommy so sick and why isn't she playing with me like she used to?

Anyway, after Nathan destroyed his room, I asked him to come and lie down by me on my bed while I watched a movie. To my surprise he did and within 5 minutes this is what he looked like:



I have to keep reminding myself that I've lived through this 3 times before. Being pregnant and having a baby changes everything and everyone. But at some point, (and I do remember this) the baby becomes a part of the family, things smooth themselves out and it's as if you can't remember what life was like before this new person entered your life.

I can't wait to hear this baby's heart beat. And to feel him/her moving. And, of course, to be over this awful morning sickness.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Jenny. This was me exactly a year ago. Vomit, trashed rooms, neglected kids and all. Somehow I survied it, but when I read your blog I just want to cry for you. (And pray for you, which I do!)

    I always liked to joke that the sicker you are during your pregnancy, the cuter your babies. Judging by your super handsome little boys, I'd say my theory is correct! So, come December, I am fulling expecting your blog to boast pics of a GORGEOUS little Logan or Lillian.

    Hang in there! You're a hero!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm...not to ignore your pain and suffering, but can you PLEASE not post anymore traumatizing pictures of what toddlers do when they sense change and feel ignored? It SCARES me! Like, enough to rethink this whole maybe-we'll-add-another-kid sooner rather than later notion. (Please tell me you didn't have to clean that up!!!)

    I really hope you feel better soon. I can't wait till the 11th for you to get to hear its little heartbeat.

    A friend from church is my age with her 5th baby on the way (including one autistic child). She said with the first 3 each addition was painful and made everything about 10 tims harder, but the 4th was almost like zero impact. Just another diaper to change, like you've done so many times before. Her approach with the 5th baby is thinking of it as getting a new older child, because that is uncharted territory, rather than a new baby, because that you know how to do. And You really haven't ever had a kid old enough to really help before like Josh will be...anyway, just thought it was an interesting take so thought I would share.

    ReplyDelete