Yesterday was rough for me. I woke up feeling pretty terrible. It didn't help that it was overcast. I yelled at everyone when I got downstairs in the morning, then felt horrible about it. I had to send Alex an apology email.
Alex called around 11am and asked if I felt up to going out for lunch. I didn't want to ruin everyone's day, so I agreed. We went to Luigi's. The kids love that place. It's really kid friendly. There are windows looking into the arcade from the dining room so you can keep an eye on the kids. I hardly felt like eating, in fact the thought repulsed me, but Alex got me a small salad and I ate anyway. I was able to keep it down, but it was touch and go there for awhile. And even though I had a tough time, Alex and the boys had a ball. So it was definitely worth it. Though I did spend the rest of the day and night in bed. And vomited several times.
Alex was so sweet though. He came home early and played with the boys. I was so grateful for that. I could hear them laughing and playing in the boys' room while I was lying in bed. Apparently Daddy told the boys the story of Serpentor. Alex also helped the boys clean their room, which I really, really appreciated.
This morning I woke up feeling pretty good. Alex had washed a bunch of dishes last night, so I decided to finish the job. I was pretty spent afterward, so I told the boys that if they cleaned the floor I would make them snickerdoodles. So they got started immediately. They worked really hard and did a great job! I had to take pictures of it.
You see there are no pictures of Nathan cleaning. That's because he was too busy running in and out and making footprints on the newly cleaned floor!
It seems like every other day is a rough day for me. I figure either that's just the way it is, or I just wear myself out on the days that I do feel well and suffer for it the next day. Oh, well. It is what it is, I suppose.
Hang in there! You are a quarter of the way through it...
ReplyDeleteHug the boys for me, huh?
PS. How did the snickerdoodles turn out? :)