Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Our First Visit to Kid's World

After 4 years of living in Santa Barbara, we finally were brave enough to go to Kid's World. Christopher has been begging us to go there for about a year now, but we didn't feel it was a safe place for Nathan yet. Yesterday Alex decided it was a good day to go. (At first I thought it was because he was being super kind and thoughtful, which he was, but I suspect that it had a little to do with the fact that he needed an excuse NOT to go to work today!)

This place is a child's dream! It's like a gigantic tree house with stairs and bridges and hiding places galore. The boys ran through the playground like crazy little monkeys.





Alex could only take so much of the stress and fun, so we walked across the street to the garden. But not before we bought some expensive watermelon popsicles. Nathan, being the ice cream freak he is, was supposed to share his, but pretty much consumed it all himself.

Going...
Going...

Gone.


Then promptly throw the empty stick into the pond for dad to fetch.

We walked around the pond and enjoyed the turtles. There was a ton of turtles. They followed us around begging for food. I wished we could have taken one home.






Fun was had by all!

1 comment:

  1. I love how you combine pictures with text to tell a story. I feel like I was there with you. And I can't believe how much the boys have grown this summer. It's amazing! There are definitely no babies left in your house.

    What happened to Alex's hand?

    I'm crazy about these little boys. They are so, so, so, so, so cute!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete