Today I am 20 weeks along in my pregnancy. I've reached the halfway mark!
At my last prenatal appointment I discovered that I've only gained 5 lbs so far. That's about 10 lbs less than what I gained the whole 9 months with Christopher! All of my tests came out great. My blood pressure was a little bit high, but not too bad. I'm so grateful for that.
Next Wednesday is the big ultrasound appointment! I cannot wait to find out what this baby is! Everyone is hoping for a girl, of course. I think Alex is even coming around. :0) Once I find out I'm going to start sewing accordingly!
Nathan had to go to the doctor today to have his hemoglobin checked. He is slightly anemic. Alex said that Alyssa was also anemic as a child and that Grandeddy had to try to force her to eat red meat with swizzle sauce*. Since Nathan is a picky eater, the doctor prescribed some vitamins with iron drops. He's going to go back for a check up in a month to see if they helped at all. What I'm worried about is that the extra iron could cause constipation. That's not cool given his past problems.
Nathan weighed in at 34 lbs and is 39 inches tall. He's a growing boy!
I can't believe that my baby isn't a baby anymore. He's a little boy. Today he let me hold him close and rock him when he woke up from his nap. I think we both enjoyed it.
*swizzle sauce-a delicious blend of ketchup and tabasco sauce used for dipping
Swizzle sauce was the only way you could get a bite of red meat down me...unless immersed in yummy tacos or gooey cheeseburgers. I acutally had to get nasty shots to help with the anemia.
ReplyDeleteFor the record, I am not hoping for a boy or a girl, just a beautiful healthy baby (though a girl would be lovely).
And finally, 5lbs...YOU SUCK. ;)