Sunday, August 23, 2009

Weekend Update

Today is the last day of summer break! School starts tomorrow bright and early at 8:15am. It's going to be rough getting up on time, since we've been rolling out of bed at 9am the last few weeks. But we're all excited to be starting a new school!

We've decided to switch the boys over from Goleta Family School to Santa Barbara Charter School, where we feel they will receive a better education in math and reading. The teachers seem great and we are happy with the curriculum. Plus, there are other children from our ward going there and the campus is closer. So, win-win-win.

The boys are both excited and nervous. Christopher will be in a K-1 class and Joshua in 2-3. I think they will do wonderfully. As soon as they start making friends, everything else will fall into place.

On Friday we attended the Family Housing retro movie, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Talk about old school! It was a fun time. They set up a projector on the front lawn and we all sat on blankets (and under blankets because it was cold!) and ate pizza (of course!). We sat next to Harland and Hannah.

Everything was great until we were ready to leave. Then Nathan tripped on the sidewalk and got a pretty bad ouchie on his face. Poor little boy. He cried so hard!

He cried for daddy, so I emailed Alex to let him know what happened, along with this picture. Alex felt so bad (and melts when the boys cry for him), that he came right home to comfort Nathan. Alex cleaned the wound better than I had and put on some Neosporin. Then they cuddled up on the couch together. Nathan was very happy about all the daddy attention.


Yesterday, Saturday, it rained! The boys were outside and came in yelling it was raining, but I thought it was just mist from the fog and told them to stay out. But after they came in, I could see the light sprinkle coming down.

I didn't feel so great yesterday. My stomach was achy and stretching. The baby is starting to grow up into my ribs and loves to moves around in there. I pretty much laid around in bed all morning. Though I did find it in me to sew another little skirt. Though it ended up being bigger than I'd hoped. It's probably big enough for a 2 year old.


After resting most of the morning, we decided to go run some errands and get out of the apartment. We bought some more meal worms and crickets for Chomper and then stopped at Lake Los Carneros for a nice walk. We were only there for a few minutes when we spotted a bobcat running through the park! It was really exciting! We've never seen a bobcat here before. It didn't seem too afraid of us. It just hid in the grass a hundred yards or so away peering back. The one time I didn't bring my camera! If you want to see what it looks like you can check it out here. This one was photographed just last week (at the same park) by photographer Barry Rowan. We hope that we can spot one again!

Check back again tomorrow for some new school pictures!

2 comments:

  1. Fun times! My boys just borrowed a TMNT video (6 episodes) from teh library. they had never seen it before and it brought back some very old memories!
    I love the little skirt. I'm she'll love it, in a few years ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute skirt!

    Poor Nathan! Nice Daddy!

    Give the boys a big hug for me and tell them to have such a wonderful time at school!

    ReplyDelete