Monday, February 8, 2010

A few reasons I love having 4 kids:

*At the park today I watched Christopher teach Nathan how to walk across a bar. "Like this, Nathan. Step, step. Step, step." Nathan did as he was told, repeating, "Step, step. Step, step." As if that wasn't sweet enough, Christopher praised Nathan. "Good job, Nathan! You did it!" Nathan was beaming. So was I.

*I watched as all three boys went down the slide together; Nathan on Christopher's lap and Christopher on Joshua's lap. They slid down together laughing hysterically. "Did you see that, Mom?!" I did. And so did Maayu. She loved it too. I know because she was smiling at her brothers.

*While I was cooking dinner I watched each of the boys try to soothe their sister. She was wailing to be picked up. "What's wrong, Maay-Maay?", they asked her sweetly. Joshua even asked her, "Do you want Mommy? Poor Maay-Maay. It's okay." When they would talk to her she would mellow out. Then it sounded like she was complaining to them. Oh, boy.

I love watching the kids together. I love that they love each other. I hope it's always this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment