Monday, February 22, 2010

Jabbed and Stabbed

Maayu got her first set of vaccines today. Poor little girl. I'd been dreading it since I went to bed last night. It didn't help that she woke up happy and cooing, because I knew that in a few short hours she'd be jabbed with needles and in pain. And she had absolutely no idea.

She was great for her check up. The doctor said she's perfect. (I already knew that, of course.) I missed her length, but her weight is 9 lbs 6.5 oz. That puts her in the 25th percentile.

It was truly, truly heartbreaking to hear her cry when they jabbed her little legs. And I do mean jab. I guess it was better to just get in done, but it's not a happy sight to see someone (qualified or not!) stab your innocent baby that way. My goodness.

Maayu fell asleep on the way home and napped off and on for a few hours. But she would often wake up whimpering, and one time just full on sobbing with flowing tears and hiccups. I gave her some Tylenol and it must have helped some.

I am now happy to report that she's been cooing and smiling since 7pm, so we must be over the worst of it.

I'm not really looking forward to doing it all again in 2 months.

1 comment:

  1. Poor thing! A few years ago I was rushed to the ER and they had to give me a couple of shots. It wasn't that big of an emergency but I guess the nurse insisted on getting it done as quickly as possible. She didn't just give me a shot...she seriously jabbed me...like she was holding a knife or something. My sister-in-law jumped when it happened because it shocked her so much. No fun. I'm glad that the Tylenol help her. I can't even imagine how hard that must have been to watch. Just remember that it's all for the best! Lots of love!

    ReplyDelete