Sunday, March 14, 2010

"Got it!"

Christopher cracks me up. Ever since he was a baby he would do or say things that are funny.

He may sometimes ask, "Shall I go outside?". What 6 year old from the 21st century uses the word 'shall'?!

When he was a little guy, about 2 years old or so, he was constantly falling down or tripping. Whenever he'd fall we would look over to assess the damage and he would bounce back up happily and say, "I'm okay!".

Lately he's started saying, "Got it!" to me. For instance, this week is my favorite time of the month (ugh) and he was harassing me while I was getting dressed for church. I asked him kindly, "Christopher, do you value your life? Please get away from me." He stopped talking, smiled and said, "Got it!". Tonight I told him the kitchen was closed because I had already washed all the dishes. He peered into the sink where there were still 2 dirty cups and one plate and said, "Not all the dishes." I asked, "Christopher, do you want to wash the dishes?" "No", he replied. "Then don't worry about whether or not all the dishes are washed, okay?" He gave me the thumbs up sign. "Got it!"

This is what I love about Christopher. He doesn't like getting in trouble. He doesn't give me the heartache that my other children tend to give me. Smart kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment