Three things:
1. Christopher is sick. I feel so bad for my poor little boy. He's normally playful and smiling but for the last 2 days has been unwell and listless. He hasn't been able to keep down anything solid but at least he's been sipping water. I made him some chicken broth this afternoon and he sipped most of it through a straw. He tried a few crackers and they came up after a few minutes. Poor little boy keeps saying he's so hungry.His fever has been low, about 100 degrees or so. Hopefully he will be feeling better in the next few days. I hate seeing him this way. I am grateful, however, that it isn't a respiratory thing. There's nothing worse than watching him struggle to breathe.
2. Joshua is taking years off of my life with his daily fits. At this rate I could go at 40 years old. He's like a ticking time bomb, he can go off at any second. I love him so much and I get that being the oldest is tough, but I'm having such a hard time trying to figure out how to deal with him. I know I shouldn't take his fits personal, but I do. My first thought is, "How can you be so rude?! How can you complain about your life when you have everything a boy could want? You have no idea what a difficult childhood is like!" I get so frustrated and I'm sure it makes it worse. He and I are so much alike in that we don't deal with stress very well, but how do I teach him to calm himself down? I have no idea.
3. I've eaten way to much chocolate lately. I can honestly say I've become an addict. When I'm stressed (which is every day because, hey, I have 4 kids and one is a newborn) I pop a couple chocolate kisses or miniatures and I'm good. It's like drugs. I hide my chocolate in my underwear drawer but the kids know where it is. I'm going to gain weight and/or give myself type 2 diabetes if I don't stop.
I'm tired. Turns out that if you have four kids and one of them is really sick, another throws daily fits, another needs constant attention (but doesn't really get it) and another is a baby, AND the father of said children is a phd student-a person can get really tired. I mean REALLY tired. Guess I'll eat more chocolate and go to bed.
Since I do not currently have a newborn, I know I am not as tired as you are but I get the frustration of not knowing how to deal with fits. Drew is getting more aggressive with his fits which has come to include hitting me or his brothers. He is little but he is strong. Not fun. Hang in there and remember that we are blessed.
ReplyDelete