Saturday, April 4, 2009

My Fabric Fettish

My Fabric Fettish





I love fabric. Okay, there...I've said it. I openly admit that I am a fabric addict. I have boxes of fabric that I just love to look through and touch. I like to look at them, match them up and imagine what I could do with them. Then, I fold them up and put them back in the box, close the lid and shove the box back under the staircase where I store it. I don't sew as much as I buy fabric. I once tried to convince myself that I should NOT buy another piece of fabric until I've used up all the fabric I already have, however, it always turns out that I need yet ANOTHER yard or so to complete a project I've started. So I go to the fabric store to get what I need and end up buying all the fabric I just can't live without, just so I can fold it nicely and add it to my collection. Take today for instance. I am totally pmsing today. I woke up in a foul mood. So my loving husband (bless his heart) decided we needed a day out. (He was right. I may have hurt someone had I stayed inside all day.) And guess where he dropped me off? At the fabric store!!!! I was like a kid in a candy store. Now I know how Alex felt in Chaucer's bookstore! I bought ALOT of fabric. I spent too much money. But guess what? I'm feeling pretty darn happy now!!

My favorite print from today's shopping spree. I can't wait to use it.

Everything I bought today.


2 comments:

  1. I love the print!!! I reminds me of the book...so neat. Sorry you are having to deal with crappy hormones; happy Alex was able to take you somewhere to help make it better. We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto on the print. Ditto on the "love you" too. And now an interesting random fact: Grandma would be THRILLED to know how you feel about fabric. She thought walking into a good fabric store was second only to walking into a good art gallery. She enjoyed sewing, but I think she enjoyed the possibilities even more.

    ReplyDelete