But I'm feeling ALOT better today. Except for the cough and sore throat, I'm doing pretty well. I'm telling you-fever, chills, body aches-no picnic, my friend. Pretty horrible, in fact. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.
Since I was feeling better today, I stood back and assessed the damage to the apartment. Ugh. I was able to wash all the dishes and clean the kitchen which made me pretty happy. While cleaning I noticed that our oven mitt was DISGUSTING. I mean it looked like we set it on fire, saved it, rubbed it with charcoal and something crumbly and then placed it back into the drawer. Yuck-o. Since I haven't sewn in quite a while, I decided to try out an oven mitt tutorial I found online. I made an oven mitt and a pot holder. I think they came out pretty well, except for a few minor mistakes (which you can't see in the pictures). I had never used rick rack before. That was pretty fun.
I really do need to get started on that Batman cape for Nathan. It will only take about 30 minutes to make (unlike this oven mitt that for some reason took me about 2 hours!), I just never get around to it.
Anyway, this whole swine flu thing is sort of disconcerting, especially when you just happen to be suffering from the flu. It's especially scary to me because if it's respiratory it could seriously affect my boys. I've seen them struggling for breath way too many times. There's nothing worse than seeing someone weak and gasping for breath. It's awful.
On another note, the local news station is warning SB county residents to watch out for rabid animals roaming the community. Oh, yay. We just saw a scraggly looking coon walking around the complex during the DAY a few weeks ago. Nice. I'm sure you can guess what the first thought in Alex's head was? ;0)
Alex came home early last night! We picked him up from school at 8pm and he stayed with us. He was even sweet enough to fry me up some of his awesome olive oil and herb potatoes (I crave them!) and stay up late taking care of sick Nathan. Nathan adores Daddy. He cuddled right up to him on the couch last night and they watched movies together while I went to bed.
While going through the photos on my old camera, I found this really cute video of Nathan when he was just a little bit-around 2 or 3 months old. It's adorable. I'm so glad I found it because it's so easy to forget what your children were like when they were babies. You have snapshots in your head, but it slips away.
I know this entry is totally random! But that's kind of where I've been this week-out of it and trying to recover.
Here's hoping for a healthier week next week!
I'm so glad you found the video of Nathan. He was a magical baby. (I think he's a magical child!) He just pulled you in with that animated face! I like the background noises on the video too. You can tell that the boys are having a good time with Alex.
ReplyDeleteI love you! And your oven mitt and pot holder are cool! Hopefully, that's literally true as well. :-)
Here's to the rabid animals heading over to the up-scale family housing instead….
He's so cute! I bet he is just a bit older than Yasmeen is now. The Dr said aond 3 months she should start bein able to reach out and intentionally grab things, like Nathan did to your sweatshirt. This video makes me want to take her in even more now because it really doesn't seem like that long ago that Nathan was this little baby and now he is a real little boy, not even very toddlerish anymore!
ReplyDeleteCute batman cape (he's going to cherish that later in life); cute oven mitt (you're going to cherish that when you don't have to use a crusty one!), and cute potholder (feel free to make me one anytime :)- I'm in serious need...burned my hand the other day, in fact.)