Friday, May 1, 2009

Bats and moths

I finally did it! I made Nathan's Batman cape. It took longer than I thought because I apparently cannot draw an oval (one that looks symmetrical, that is). And I'm not so good with the applique, but it came out alright. I should have taken a picture of it before I gave it to Nathan because he won't take it off now! Once I put it on him he was off.





I think he likes it. What do you think?


The boys found a rather lethargic moth out in the backyard and decided to rehabilitate it. They took the bird house we've never painted or used and made it homey (for a moth, anyway).


(Notice that Joshua is wearing a "protective" glove?)

They had me search the web to find out what moths like to eat. Of course moths don't have mouths, but a straw-like proboscis, so they "eat" nectar. After hearing this the boys foraged for some moth food-flowers from the backyard and a couple of old strawberries.



And now this moth is living on my kitchen counter. Aren't I lucky? :0)


My kids are truly interesting people. They get that from their dad. They definitely keep my life interesting. Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if we didn't have kids-not as rich as it is with them.

2 comments:

  1. I think this picture of Nathan smiling in his magically-powered cape might a forever favorite. You can feel the joy oozing out of him!

    You DO have interesting children. You foster that, Jenny. They are lucky little boys.

    I love you! Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. And by the way, the cape is amazing!

    ReplyDelete