from KEYT.com local news station
UPDATE:
2, 739 ACRES BURNED
10% CONTAINED
3,500 AND 100 COMMERCIAL STRUCTURES THREATENED
75 RESIDENCES DESTROYED
246 ENGINES
3 HELICOPTERS
WINDS PUSHING THE FIRE TO THE EAST, WHILE WESTERN FLANK IS MOVING WESTWARD
Here's a picture of the fire from our apartment.
A really blurry picture of the fire from the airport. But you can see how far the fire has spread.
This afternoon all we could see was smoke. About 8pm tonight there were giant flames. It's just crazy to see a fire blazing so close to your home. Besides itchy eyes and sneezing we are all handling the yucky air pretty well. Here's hoping that the wind will die down and this fire is contained soon. I suspect the boys' school could be shut down if the fire spreads any farther west.
OH MY GOSH. It looks like hell's furry unleashed over there. SCARY. Never having lived down in the SoCal coast, I am not used to seeing anything like that (though I know people who live there are quite used to it...though I suspect it's always scary). Glad to hear no big asthma issues yet!
ReplyDeleteWow, you can see it from your apartment?!!! I saw the fire on the news last night. I didn't realize it was that close to you guys. I thought you were just driving by in your last post. Keep safe!
ReplyDelete