Monday, May 18, 2009

Taking it Day by Day

Huh, I really have nothing new to write on here! Not that life has been boring. I mean, raising three little boys and trying to get through a pregnancy is not boring AT ALL. Interesting, yes. Boring, no.

Seems like all I do these days is eat and rest. Then eat and rest again. Then puke. Then eat again. Like right now, I'm going to grab a banana. :0) I honestly hadn't been eating well the last 2 days, but Alex made me swear that I'd eat even if I didn't feel like it and it makes me sick. So that's what I did today and it went pretty well. Well, I did have to pull over and throw up in a bag after I picked the kids up from school, but felt fine afterward. What cracked me up though, was that while I was heaving into the empty CVS bag, the boys were betting on what it was I was throwing up! I could hear Christopher yelling in between heaves, "What is it? Is it something healthy?". And Nathan yelling that he wanted to see it! Joshua was giving the play by play to his brothers since he was in the front seat, saying, "I think it's pretzels. Or water. I'm not sure.". I told you it wasn't boring around here!

I am fully aware that most people don't want to read a blog about morning sickness! But it truly sucks. And hey...it's my blog! So, there! :0)

I'm just taking it day by day with this pregnancy. Not that there's any other way to do it, but I feel so overwhelmed thinking about how I'm going to make it through the summer with the boys while feeling so tired and rotten. And keeping this place clean. And trying not to stress Alex out his last quarter of classes, especially when he's got his orals coming up in the next few weeks.

I'm beginning to think this will be our last baby. I don't think I can go through this again. And with even more children? Nah. Four is a good round number. And, as Alex would point out, was the sacred number of the Pomo. So, there you go. And at least this baby will have one cousin close to their age. He/She will be a little less than a year younger than Yasmeen. Which means they could definitely be playmates. :0) But I've decided to assume this baby is a boy. That way if it is a boy I won't be disappointed, and if it's a girl I am free to be as excited as I want!

1 comment:

  1. Most likely this baby will end up with 2 cousins around its age, as we are hoping to have the kids about two years apart, putting this little one smack in the middle :) Boy or girl, that will be fun!

    Funny that the boys are gambling on your puke--that's what great about little boys, they're in it for the gore. Little girls would probably just whine about it (that what we do best, I think) :) We make up for it in cuteness though!

    Yes, eating when you don't want to is both key and awful. I never puked, but I was way nauseas and it sucked to eat. Oh well. 9 months is so not that long in the end...and your 1st trimest is almost over!! Well, a few more weeks, but still. Hang in there!

    (and I for one love to read about whatever you want to write about, puke and all!)

    ReplyDelete